Saturday, September 19, 2009

I'm still around - really


Wow - I just realized that I haven't posted anything since I got back last Sunday. I've been busy working on the Strip Tube blocks. I've only got fourteen more to make and I'll have them all done - enough for a queen sized quilt. I laid them out on the floor of the sewing room just to see how they're looking together - the turquoise is awfully bright, but I think it works. I've also been working on my sewing room - finished painting the walls a nice light greyish aqua. I was very worried about it coming out a seafoam green or being too aqua - I'm trying to keep it light and airy with beach colors (sandy tans, whites, blues - like my blog colors). The baseboards and trim still need to be painted as they haven't been done in about seven years, but I'm saving that for another weekend when I've got plenty of time. I'm happy with the way it's coming along. I'm also bringing a new person into the quilting fold (no pun intended). A young woman at work was looking at one of the baby quilts I made and asked me if I'd teach her. I would never turn down the opportunity to give someone the quilting bug, so we've been working on a warm wishes quilt for her daughter. This woman is a natural - her cutting and sewing are very precise and she's very artistic, so I have a feeling that this will be a lifelong hobby for her. I hope everyone's having a wonderful Saturday.

5 comments:

  1. How fun to pass it on. Love your quilt blocks! And the COLORS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Great design, great colors. Love, love, love it. Can't wait to see it when it is finished.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is really lovely - the colors are wonderful, and I love the design. Beach colors are my absolute favorite for decorating - someday I want a beach cottage! Good for you on passing along the quilty love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are awesome, they blend so beautifully.

    Have a wonderful week. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mary, I'm really enjoying this kind of bug you've passed along. I'm so excited to see the finished product and then my daughter's face when I'm able to give it to her. You are such a blessing to me! Thank you for all your time and patience. I can see this friendship lasting a long time. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete