Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ta Da

The sun was particularly bright (and hot!) this morning. I'm going to try and take some pictures later on this afternoon to see if I can get a better shot.


You can catch a glimpse of the backing in the picture on the porch - it is called Tall Hollyhocks. Perfect since my Godmother's favorite colors are red and purple.

Okay, so I'm going to try and finish the Beach Baby quilt by next weekend and then I can go to something else. I finished the top this morning and decided to add cornerstones to the outer borders of this one. With the addition of 4.5" cornerstones, I successfully avoided having to piece the borders. I think the red adds a little more interest to this quilt than the previous one I made in April.

I should pick the Roman Holiday quilt back up and finish it. All I have left are the borders -geez Louise - I don't know why I'm having such a time getting back to it since I'm making it for my bed. I guess it's just not as much fun as making one to give away. The Angel Houses quilt may be ready at the Quilter for next weekend. If so, I can go ahead and bind it so it will be ready for the big girl when she graduates to her toddler bed. I'm going to make bias binding for the quilt out of the pink striped fabric. It will be my first time - hopefully it will come out okay because the process of making bias binding looks awfully complicated.

2 comments:

  1. Mary your quilts are beautiful. I am in Brooksville, where are you situated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is GORGEOUS!!!!! Oh my I love it. LOVE it.
    Love the baby one too, and the addition of the cornerstones.

    Good luck with the bias binding - I had a heck of a time the first few go-rounds. Will it be continous binding? Where you sew it into a tube?

    ReplyDelete