Friday, August 21, 2009

Pretty little piano keys all in rows

I honestly don't know what has gotten into me. I'm usually really, really bad at starting projects back up once I've dropped them. I decided that it would be good sewing therapy to get up and get going on the Roman Holiday quilt that's been languishing since mid-May. I'll just have to trim the blocks because they're on point, put the inner borders on and then the piano key outer borders. Who knows, I might even knock the top out this weekend. Once I get this one finished, I'll be down to three UFO's (and one is a table runner) - not bad at all!

It's amazing what a good night's sleep and a day off from work does for my state of being. All the garbage from the last week has evaporated and I had such a wonderful day. I'm still in my nightgown, there are threads floating around on the floor, and I haven't loaded the dishes from the sink into the dishwasher yet. The pugs have been "helping" me all day long. Every time I lay a strip of fabric on the floor, they come along and fluff it (and of course, since I'm down on the floor, I get kissed right in the face while they're at it). I have to laugh at them, they're such attention hogs, but they're also the best of companions.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty!!!!! I'm really glad your day went well, Mary. Nothing like puppy kisses to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete