Thursday, August 13, 2009

Branching out into bias binding

I received a call today from the quilter letting me know that the Angel Houses quilt is done, so I'll pick it up Saturday morning as soon as I can get up there. I was so excited that I couldn't wait to make the continuous bias binding out of the pink striped fabric. I have never made bias binding before and was a little bit intimidated by the process. I was going to wait until I could get some adult supervision to help me through it, but thought, "What the heck? I can do this."




In any case, when in doubt, I pull out Maryann Fons & Liz Porter's "Quilters Complete Guide" for help. I followed their step-by-step instructions for making the binding and voila' it came out just fine! It's such a great reference book.

1 comment:

  1. They taught me how to do that too - a pull-out section of their magazine, I don't have the book. That binding looks marvelous!

    ReplyDelete