Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beach Baby 2

I finished the binding last night. I'm really happy with this quilt and like it even more than the first one I did back in April. Now there's some time to spend thinking about what's next.

I'm taking labor day week off of work, and thinking about tackling painting my oldest daughter's room and maybe doing something about making it into a sewing room. I found a used sewing machine table yesterday that folds flat for taking along anywhere. It has a drop down well that the machine can sit in so the sewing surface is just about flat. It's small, but I'm thinking that if I put a card table up against it, I'll have a nice big surface to support a quilt. I'd love to have one of those nice sewing centers with the custom machine insert and humongous sewing area, but I just can't see spending that kind of money. I'd much rather spend it on Em and on fabric.

I also got the binding sewn onto Angel Houses (just barely had enough binding to miter the seam when I got to the end). I'll work on sewing that down throughout the work week, and post a picture when it's done.

1 comment:

  1. I just love these Beach Baby quilts! Too cute!
    I'm with you on spending for those custom tables. I use a retro ['50's] table for sewing and bring my ironing table over to support the rest of the quilt next to me. It works for me. I think a card table would work just fine.

    ReplyDelete