Saturday, July 18, 2009

Quilting Frenzy...

Remember when I said that I had two baby quilts to make for upcoming baby showers? Well, yesterday my oldest daughter mentioned that the shower she needs a quilt for is next Saturday! I ran by the quilt shop first thing this morning when they opened up to pick up a little more fabric, ran over to my sewing buddy's house, and started cutting strips around 11:30 this morning and by 10:30 this evening I had a completed top and backing. Thankfully, being the very good friend that she is, she convinced me to do the Warm Wishes pattern because it really did a much nicer job of showing off the Silly Safari fabric than Nap Time would have. So now all I've got to do is get this quilt quilted by Thursday so I can get the binding sewed on Friday night and it will be ready for the shower. I had to piece in a strip for the backing, so I used the blocks that were left over from piecing the top - I love it when I can use up all the blocks! My sewing buddy worked on a warm wishes baby quilt too that turned out SO cute - the focal fabric was frogs in space. It is always so much more fun to sew with your best friend, especially when working on the same pattern at the same time because we chatted while we were sewing and then *poof* the tops were done.
I also wanted to post a picture of the birthday girl getting a kiss from her Mommy (notice the oh so cute outfit that her Grammy made - he he).


1 comment:

  1. OH MY are you fast! I hate to say it, but when I sew with my BF we do more yakkin' and snackin' than sewing. That turned out really cute, I love the pattern and really love the back!

    Awww - the birthday girl looks so sweet - that outfit is darling!

    ReplyDelete