Friday, June 26, 2009

T.G.I.F.

*Big, heavy, sigh of relief*

I am SO ready for the weekend - it seemed like this past work week would never end! We found out this week that salaries are going to be frozen - no more increases for the foreseeable future. On the upside, we've still got our jobs and they didn't take away the 401K matching which is my main concern. I have a friend from work coming over to sew tomorrow, so I decided to try out a new dessert recipe. It's so much more fun to sew and eat! Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies (mmmmm - nothing like strawberries, cheesecake, and chocolate!) I can't wait to dig in! My friend is bringing breakfast food, I'm going to put on a nice big pot of coffee. Hopefully our machines will be humming along by 9:00.

I'm planning to start the Funky Stripes quilt top tomorrow. Isn't it just the best excited feeling when you get to start a new project? This one looks like it will go pretty quickly and since my godmother is very artsy and her favorite colors are reds, purples, emerald green, and royal blue, the Kaffe Fasset fabrics should be just right. She lives in Connecticut, so she'll certainly be able to use it when the weather cools off in the fall.

2 comments:

  1. You made that to bring into work ... right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm REALLY hungry, lol. You're right, it's a blessing right now to keep a job - too many folks I know [including me] are out looking for one!

    ReplyDelete