Saturday, June 6, 2009

#1 on the "To Do" List

Another one bites the dust :o) Now...what will round out my top three UFOs? There are so many projects from which to choose.

I went to the quilt shop yesterday to pick up my Mom's quilt - it turned out beautifully. I picked a nice light cotton batting and a floral pattern for the quilting done in ecru cotton. I stayed up until 1:30 this morning sewing the binding on - got two sides sewn down before I went to bed. Just finished a little while ago.

By the way - I found out who made the paper pieced Christmas Tree pattern below. I was Bob Coon and the name of the pattern was "Christmas Window." It was sold by Keepsake Quilting back in 2005. Unfortunately, the pattern has not been made for over two years, so I am out of luck as far as buying it unless I can just happen upon one. So, what did I do? I bought the quilt at the quilt store. I'll post a picture of it when Christmas rolls around again (which will be here before we all know it).

Update to the top three UFOs: Okay I added a new #1 - Funky Stripes for my Godmother (maybe her birthday July 21st???). I also exchanged out the Ladybugs on Parade quilt for Em with the Angel Houses quilt - the Ladybugs on Parade is a full size quilt, and she's still in her crib, so this one is probably a better size for her right now. I haven't forgotten the Roman Holiday quilt, but I needed to take a break from it, you all know how that goes I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, now I know where I saw that pattern! I thought I recognized it as something I'd seen, but no clue where or what it was called. How nice that you could buy the quilt!
    Your quilt is just lovely! And boy are you organized with your UFO list - I don't know where or what mine are anymore! I just know they're mocking me from some dark corner. Guess I need to stop starting new things and find and finish them!

    ReplyDelete