Saturday, May 16, 2009

Priorities that change with the wind...




It's no wonder that I have so many UFO's laying around here. I'm not done with the Roman Holiday quilt yet, but I found the perfect pattern to use for my Mother's quilt (notice it has moved up from #5 to #3...) I was on Moda's free patterns web site and came upon the "A Morris Garden" pattern. I printed it out, and lo and behold, it's almost perfect for use with the Nature's Chorus layer cakes I have. I have to adjust the pattern a bit as the pattern calls for 10.5" blocks and, of course, my finished blocks will only be 9.5" - still, I think it will be nice. I put together three of the nine patch blocks just to get an idea as to what it will look like. I had a difficult time trying find the right pattern for these layer cakes because there's not a lot of contrast between the fabrics. It looks like I'm going to have to rely on contrast from the fabric patterns instead. I didn't think I'd ever do another nine patch after the one I made for my best friend - I finished it in January it was all nine patch blocks and matching all those seams was a bear, but it was worth it when it was finished. It was actually a mystery quilt that was dubbed "Nine Patch Madness."



No comments:

Post a Comment