Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Another Entry for the Spring Quilt Show

Allie reminded me that we can submit 2 quilts for the Spring Quilt show. I decided to stick with the bright quilts since it is almost summer.

I made this quilt for my niece who will turn 13 in July. I was happily surprised when she was visiting my Mom and while admiring one of my Mom's quilts, told her that she wished I would make a quilt for her. The quilt is very bright and hip. Of course, some of us who grew up in the late 1960's have seen these types of fabrics before :o) The free pattern is Amy Butler Lotus Brick Path.

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely and bright--and those colors are making a real comeback! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this one too! I want to try that pattern. I don't know why I love quilts best in summer colors, after all you really don't need a quilt in summer, right? LOL! This is really, really pretty Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one comment regarding the free Amy Butler Lotus brick path pattern - I would recommend cutting 1/2 blocks for the end of every quilt strip rather than trying to trim the ends evenly as the pattern suggest. I found that, even though I measured diligently, my quilt ends were more skewed that I would have liked. Just my opinion, of course.

    ReplyDelete