Thursday, April 23, 2009

My First Blog Post


Okay, so I'm new to this whole blogging thing, but I really enjoy reading the thoughts of other quilters and to see their latest projects and ideas. I thought it was time for me to join in. Right now I've got several projects in various stages of completion. My favorite at the moment is a quilt comprised of 40 full width of fabric quarter yard cuts from the Moda Roman Holiday collection. I bought the fabric on a trip to Seattle in the fall of 2008. We made a side trip to a delightful quilt shop on Whidbey Island, Quilting by the Sea in Langley. I couldn't bear to cut it until I had a firm plan in mind. So, here's my plan. I'm putting 6" squares on point in the center, the 2" inner border will be in the Chardonnay scroll fabric, and the outer border will be made up of 3" x 7" strips sewn together in piano key fashion. So far, I've only got 12 strips sewn together.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely quilt. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete