Friday, April 24, 2009

A Glorious Florida Morning


What a gorgeous morning! 63 degrees, a light breeze, and sunny. Perfect conditions for sitting out on the screen porch and enjoying a cup of coffee and listening to the birds. Alsley and Abby were sniffing the air to enjoy the smells of freshly cut grass, some basil, the jasmine that is starting to bloom, and various other plants and trees around here. I have the day off today, so I've got errands to run and a house to clean. I decided that it was a priority for me to sneak in some quiet time first thing today. I'm going to work on the Roman Holiday quilt this evening and sew some more strips together now that I have laid the squares out and organized them into stacks. By the way, I want to share a great gift idea for all your quilting friends out there who are constantly trying to keep strips and stacks in order. For my birthday, a friend of mine gave me small rectangles of stiff interfacing that are numbered 1 - 12. What a wonderful gift! All I have to do to keep my strips and stacks in order is pin one of the numbered rectangles on the top square of each pile (or the end of each finished strip).

4 comments:

  1. Mary, Welcome to Blogland!! Your blog looks really nice and what a talent you have! Lovely quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary!
    I too am fairly new to the blogging world. It has been so great to meet other quilter/bloggers via the virtual quilters festival. Where are you in FL?? I live in FL too. Love the colors of your quilt. Looks like you have a plan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those fabrics in your quilt, they make it so cheerful. and what a lovely granddaughter you have, how sweet she is sleeping there like a sleeping beauty :-)
    Kristina
    priscillacraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete